Thursday, March 09, 2006

Easy Frosting

After Christmas when the blocks of candy bark coating are on sale, I buy several and freeze them.

When I make cookies or cupcakes that I have to carry somewhere (to school, work, church), I bring out a few blocks of the candy bark and melt them according to the directions on the package.

I put a spoonful of melted bark on top of each pastry, swirl it around a little, and then shake on some colored sprinkles . Or I drizzle the melted bark from the tines of a fork. When the bark cools, it becomes hard again and the cookies or cupcakes look very festive and taste great.

The bark makes a very durable frosting that does not mess up if it is accidentally brushed against or it comes in contact with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. If the cookies are of a crisp sort, I find I can even stack them on top of each other and they will still look great when they're served.

Another great Easy Recipe

Love At Home

There is beauty all around
When there's love at home.
There is joy in every sound
When there's love at home.

Roses bloom beneath our feet,
All the earth is a garden sweet,
Making life a bliss complete,
When there's love at home.

-- John Hugh McNaughton (1829-1891)